Week 4: An Overwhelming Month

 An Overwhelming Month

A lot of things have been going on in my world this month. Between school, family, and baseball I simply can't keep up. The goal for after break was to improve on my grades since the first semester didn't go how I wanted it to at all. But it seems like it's going to be the same go around if I don't get myself together.

In one of my first blogs about ONU, I talked about the number of hours that I put into baseball compared to the number of hours I put into school. It's as if it's getting worse and worse. But what are some things that I can improve on?

Fields of my college experience that I struggle with and need to keep up with more often:

  • Procrastination
  • Priorities
  • Correct amount of sleep
  • Planning out my day and following through.
  • Laziness
  • Giving it my all when it comes to schoolwork.
These 6 things that I listen are some very important things that I need to improve on in order to see success in my experience. I don't want all of my years in college to be a complete mess because I can't manage my time well and put important things first before I spend time on my phone or playing video games or even going to hang out with friends. What keeps my motivation up is the fact that I'm doing this to make my family happy. I want to be successful so that I can come home and tell them all the great things I've been doing while I've been gone. they wont want to hear how I've been struggling this entire time.

The point of this blog post is not only to motivate myself but to motivate anyone reading this so that you have something positive to go home to tell your guardian and make them proud. All they want for you is for you to be successful and those 6 key points are what you should always be keep in check.

Comments

  1. College is definitely something that is portrayed as the norm and easy to do. In reality it is a huge adjustment learning how to balance classes, homework, work, friends, family, and even alone time. As I am a senior, I have definitely learned that balance is the key to keeping everything in line. It takes a reason to want to go to college and succeed and that is what should keep you motivated when it seems like there is too much to do and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Landon, I can totally relate to you. I am overwhelmed a lot throughout the week and I don't play a sport! I can't imagine having practices on top of what I already have every week. You seem to know how to relieve yourself of this feeling, which is fantastic! I hope that you can find a healthy balance and be successful in reducing the amount of stuff on your plate! If you figure out how to do that, will you let me know? I also struggle with these issues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really involved in anything here other than PRSSA. With that being said the schoolwork alone can be stressful at times so I can't imagine what you and the other people that are involved in a lot go through on a weekly basis. I am glad you have found a way to keep yourself motivated and trying to spread that to others. It is very encouraging to see you try to help other with this vlog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Balancing success in school, baseball and still having a social life is not easy. Sometimes you go into a day knowing you won't have any free time and that can suck. But, the way I handle it is treating baseball like a mental break and letting myself have fun. Also for getting schoolwork done in time, I try to set aside time to grind for a shorter amount of time instead of dragging it out forever. Obviously I could still do better, but that's just my way of thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Bittersweet Farewell

Struggling to Stay Healthy

Facebook Marketing