Week 7: Kentucky Recap

 Recap of First Collegiate Games

This weekend was very unexpected to say the least. I played so much more than what I thought. My intentions were for me to be starting in right field and batting seventh... I batted first and started in right field. "No pressure, Freshie" was the first thing I head when I walked into the on-deck box.

My hands were clammy, my stomach was in a knot, and my heart rate was up when I first started walking up to the plate. In that exact moment, I forgot how to play baseball and completely blacked out. Clearly, then nerves got to me. The only thing going through my mind was everything that could possibly go wrong. As I stepped into the box, everything went silent. It was just me and my thoughts. The pitcher wasn't anything special and was diffidently not the best guy I've faced. I could still feel my knees shaking and it was super hard for me to clear my head. It felt like an entire year had passed before he had even thrown me the ball. "Strike!" I don't even know what the pitch was that he threw but it was a strike. Next thing I know, the count is 2-2 and I don't know what pitch to expect next. "Strike 3!" He froze me on a change-up and I didn't swing when I probably would have in any other game.

Overall, the weekend didn't go like I wanted it too, but it was definitely something to build on. I started two out of the three games and provided for the team in many ways other than hitting which didn't matter considering we won both games on the last day. Now that I got the first game jitters out of the way, the only way to go now is up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Bittersweet Farewell

Struggling to Stay Healthy

Facebook Marketing