Week 1: Exhausted

 Week 1: Exhausted

There's simply nothing I despise more than starting my day at 5am. You might be asking yourself, "What could you possibly be doing at 5am?" Well, I've got an answer for you: A 7-minute mile. Doesn't sound fun, does it? For the next month I'm going to be getting up at 5am for baseball and will be testing my bodies limits physically and mentally.

What hurts most is thinking about not only the 7-minute miles I'm going to be running for the next month but also the amount of schoolwork I'm going to have to stack on top of that. I wanted to challenge myself this semester and take classes that are going to really help me get to where I want to be in the future with my job. it's going to take a lot of hard work and effort but I'm all for the grind. The second semester seems like it's going to be challenging for most people here at ONU. My friends have made it very clear and some students that I had class with last semester have said how much harder their schedules have gotten. This seems like the big leap into college that every freshman gets to experience. This part of the year is the true test of whether we want to pursue in our major or minor and even the job we want to have when we're out of college.

There's a sickness going around. Chances are high to get sick when everyone is coming back from a month long break. It's almost like moving in for the first time when everyone on campus was sick within the first 2 weeks of being on campus. It also does not help that the weather is always bad; one day its rainy and cool then the next day its 20 degrees with a foot of snow. You never know these days. Something that's as inconsistent as the weather is the food Mac... Never fails when I walk out of the place feeling like I just ate raw, undercooked, stale food. I think it's the main cause of sickness that spreads on this campus. Walking along campus, I think about the outlook of my classes. Having all major based classes is intriguing yet challenging with the workload of the upcoming spring baseball season. I am working towards finding a balance of the two so I can thrive in both. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Bittersweet Farewell

Struggling to Stay Healthy

Facebook Marketing