Week 2: Baseball, Baseball, Baseball.

 Baseball, Baseball, Baseball.

    Something that has consumed my life since I was put on this earth is baseball. 5-6 days a week and basically all year around. The sport is nonstop. Especially when you decide that you want to play in college. There's a lot more to it then just picking up a bat and a glove and throwing a baseball around. Baseball is a mental and physical game and you either hate it or you love it.   

    So far, college baseball has been nothing but a thrill. Getting to know my teammates and building strong bonds so we're ready come season opener, has been nothing but fun. When break came around, I sort of lost contact with some of the guys I had gotten so close to all of the first semester. Now that I'm back I'm trying to break the ice again and get back to where I was relationship wise with some of these guys, but I have no time any more to be able to hang out with them outside of baseball and some classes that I have with them. 

Google Calendar

    The picture above is what a complete week and the hours I put in to baseball and school. As you can see, baseball consumes more hours of my week than school does. the baseball category includes anything baseball related that I do in a week. This includes 6 a.m. practices that last until 8 a.m., solo hitting sessions that are an hour long, recovery for my hamstring that I strained about a month ago which can also take up to an hour, and finally hour and a half long lifts. This semester is going to be an absolute grind to say the least.

    What a wild ride it's been pouring my heart and soul into baseball these past few weeks. From sunrise practices to late-night hitting sessions, it's safe to say I've practically lived in Kinghorn lately. Every ounce of sweat, every sore muscle, and every late-night hitting session has been totally worth it. This is exactly what I came here to do. Whether it's the thrill of a well-executed play or the camaraderie with my teammates, these long hours have made unforgettable memories and taught me lessons that extend far beyond the field. It's been a grind, but the love for the game and the growth I've experienced make it all worthwhile. Here's to more dingers, diving catches, and endless baseball adventures ahead.


Comments

  1. As you know, I can very much relate to this. Maybe not this year, but last year for sure. The mental side of baseball may be the most valued of any mental side of any sport. That can be very draining. Another reason you have to put in so much work to be a successful player is because of all the different aspects of the game. You need to hit, throw, play defense, run and build strength all at the same time. In the end, playing the game for real makes it all worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Bittersweet Farewell

Struggling to Stay Healthy

Facebook Marketing