My First Hosted Podcast

 My First Hosted Podcast

    It's official! The first podcast I've ever hosted. I was so excited when I heard about this assignment because I have lots of friends that do sports podcasts and was blessed to be one if the guests on one of the shows and it was nothing but fun. You get to be yourself for an hour straight with your best friends and people find huge interest in it.

    Over break I was asked to be a guest on a podcast along with my good friend from high school who also plays college baseball. The purpose of the podcast was for the high school baseball players to get the full effect of how the college baseball life is and what to expect their first year. The only con about doing a podcast with your friends is that it's very easy to get off topic and start storytelling. you get into a groove and get comfortable and want to start talking about "The good Ol 'days" or a random "Remember when..." conversation spark up. So, without being said, it's super important you stay on task but also give the listeners what they want to hear and not make it boring. sometimes it's okay to get off topic to get a good laugh out of the listeners, guests and hosts.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.d41e41c3968ff1ca6d150f3d4787c799?rik=U19t9KdKrT%2bB4A&riu=http%3a%2f%2fresources.rode.com%2fassets%2fPodcasting.jpg&ehk=Qaos465VOclwURlAgsYvtClG6ldn2b0hO5i6EHel%2bek%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    Going into hosting the podcast with my fellow classmate and teammate, Drew Gavin, I was not as nervous as I thought I'd be. I knew the guest and had a close relationship with him considering he is my coach and is the same guy who was recruiting me all the way in Kentucky. There was no pressure at all. The setting was perfect and there was nothing to complain about. My biggest issue I had was making sure that the podcast was uploaded correctly, sounded correctly and that the music faded and started when they are supposed to. It took me longer to edit it and download it than to make the actual podcast.

    My biggest takeaway from this experience is to just stay calm and be 2 steps ahead when you're in the moment. What helped me was reading the question periodically throughout the time duration of when our guest was speaking so I knew what I was going to say right off the top of my head rather than having to read straight off the script and sounding like a robot. Would I do this again? Yes. Do I suggest all of you to try podcasting yourselves? Yes. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. You may come to find that you have a new interest.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Bittersweet Farewell

Struggling to Stay Healthy

Facebook Marketing