Week 3: Dancing in the Rain


 Dancing in the Rain

    Week 3 is slowly coming to its end, but it feels like we're headed into week 10. It feels like it's been that long since we all have moved back in to Ada. I didn't get that time to ease back into things considering our first practice started the day before classes started, then the next morning had a 6am practice. But that's part of the grind so I can't wait for the storm pass, I need to learn to dance in the rain.

    Recently, our practices have started to move outside since the weather is tolerable enough to stand out in for longer than 30 minutes. All I can say is that all the hard work in the offseason has paid off because it's showed so far for the 2 days we've been outside. I'm very proud of the name I've made for myself so far this freshman year but it's not even close to being done yet; we're just getting started.

    I worked my tail off to earn roster spot to Florida in mid-March which not everyone gets the luxury of going on. It was goal for the fall and I successfully did it, now it's on to the next goal. But even before we play our first 3 games in Lexington, Kentucky. Ironically enough that's where all of my best friends from high school go to college and that's an hour from where I grew up. Nothing is going to get me more pumped than going back to my homeland to play in my first college baseball game. the baseball gods couldn't have wrote the script any better for me.

    Although preseason is the toughest part of the year, there's nothing that is going to get me over the fact at how fun this season is going to be once we start playing real games rather than against each other. My entire life has led me up to this exact moment and that's enough motivation for me to not give up and to keep being great. I've played this sport for longer than I can even remember and making it this far was the end goal, but now that I'm here I want to work the hardest I've ever worked in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Bittersweet Farewell

Struggling to Stay Healthy

Facebook Marketing